Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm baaaaccccckkkkk

I can't believe that I have neglected my blog for so long. Shame on me huh? I have a confession to make, I am addicted to FaceBook. I am constantly checking my FB page to see who changed their status, or uploaded photos, or whatever. It's a good thing that FB is blocked on our computers at work because I would NEVER get work done. So the reason for neglecting my blog is because of FaceBook.

It's been so long since I have been on here that I don't even know where to start. Hmmmmmm, let me think. Oh, we have been really faithful to go to the gym at least 3 times a week. I am proud to say that I have lost 11 pounds and went down a size in my jeans. Todd has lost over 30 pounds. (Why is it that men drop the weight faster than women? It's so not fair.) Anyway, it's been great wearing a smaller size in jeans and smaller tops.

December was the month for Mason to have ear infections. He had one the beginning of the month and then the Sunday after Christmas I had at the doctor again for another infection in the same ear. Todd took him this past Tuesday for a recheck on that ear and it's finally clear. The second ear infection really wore him down. He ran fever off and on for two days. He's finally back to his busy self and eating again. Poor little guy felt so bad.

Christmas was great as I took the week off to get last minute things done, visit my best friend in Oxford, MS and mostly to spend time with my boys. Mason was a good boy so Santa stopped by our house to leave some toys for the boy. I got a new watch that has butterflies on it. It's beautiful...thanks Todd. I hated going back to work, but we have bills to pay so I went back.

December 30th would have been Shae's 11th birthday. It is so hard to imagine him 11. I miss that boy. It hurts so much some times. I just want to hold him again and hear his voice. From December 29th to March 20th, I think of Shae and his time inpatient at St. Jude. January 6th was the day he received his bone marrow transplant. January 16th was the day he had to be put on the vent for the first time. He came off the vent a couple of weeks later only to go right back on it for another couple of weeks, then right back on it until the day he passed away. It breaks my heart that Mason will never get to meet his brother here on earth. I am thankful for God allowing us to be Shae's parents. We were so lucky to have him in our lives even if it was for a short 3 years.

I am sorry for the long delay in updating. I wish this was more of an upbeat update, but I am a little sad this week. BUT, I will get through it. God will see me through like he always does.

Thanks for listening. I wanted to leave you with a video of Mason, but I can't get it to work on here. I'll keep trying because you MUST see it.

Toodles,
Dawn


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm addicted to crackbook too! I'm going right now to request you to be my friend!!!!

Anonymous said...

find me... I looked all over for you. I'm Jill Jeffers Johnson.

Susan said...

Oh wow, I kept begging you to update and then look how LONG it took me to check back.

SHAME ON ME!

But hey, I'm with you on FB, it is ADDICTING! A new toy for me, I love it!

Thanks for sharing about Mason, I didn't remember some of those things.

You are an amazing mom, and God gave you and Todd a very special little boy. Mason will live on in all of our hearts, forever.

Love you girlfriend♥

Zhohn said...

Hey Dawn. Just stopping by to see how you have been.
Hope all is well.
Zhohn