Saturday, July 5, 2008

Mason's summer

Mason has had a fun and busy summer so far. He went to his grandparents house in Crossville, TN for a week. He went with us to Louisiana for Shake for Jake and is still talking about being down there...he had a blast.
Here he is playing in the sprinkler in our back yard. He LOVES doing this. Don't you just love the small things in life??

He was at my parent's house Friday afternoon when he fell and busted his lip. From what I can tell he bit his lip so it's pretty bad looking both inside and out.


I wasn't there when he fell so it was pretty dramatic from what I hear. His poor little lip is still swollen and it looks like he has a dip in his mouth. Here's another one.As you can see he does have a smile on his face. This was later on that night when we got home and were watching our neighbors shoot fireworks. They gave Mason some sparklers and he LOVED them.It's so hard to believe and it's very bittersweet for us that he starts school in a month. I wish he was 2 again. Would putting a brick on his head stop him from getting older??? I'm not worried about him going to school because I know that he will love it. He's such the little social butterfly and does not meet a stranger. I do feel sorry for his teacher because Mason is constantly asking questions. It makes me wonder just how many time-outs he will be getting in school. :-)

I need to get busy cooking dinner. Yes, I do cook sometimes. I am not a fan of it, but I do cook at least 2 times a month.

Toodles,
Dawn




2 comments:

Kacy said...

I was just trying to figure out how to keep mine from growing up tonight too. I guess we all go through this. Being a mom is HARD.
Love You,
Kacy

Zhohn said...

Mason is so cute, even with his busted lip! Still can't believe I missed the Shake, gosh! Looks like everyone enjoyed it.

I love it when the smallest things make someone happy. I wish it were that way everyday!