Shake for Jake was once again a blast. We got to Louisiana about 10:00 Friday night and was up early to head out to watch Todd in the 5K. I have no idea how he ran 3 miles in that heat. He did it though and I am so proud of him. I have a couple of pics of him running then the batteries in my camera died. Can you believe that?? Ugh. Anyway, he did great. Our friend Judy ran the 5K as well and it was her first. She did great...way to go Judy.
It was wonderful seeing so many friends and hugging necks. It was also wonderful meeting new people. A little shout out to Lindsay...it was great meeting you. A side note to those of you with little girls, she makes the cutest little tutus. Her website is www.frillyfrances.com. You MUST check out her site.
Anyway, we made it home safe and are beat. Mason had a great time but was glad to get back to his house so he could play with the dog. He slept in this morning...I must say that I was jealous because it was back to work for me today.
Sorry I don't have any pictures to share from the weekend. I should have taken more batteries or at least bought some while I there.
Jin Jin - thanks for opening your house to us again. We love staying with you. Penny - I am so glad that Lindsay convinced you to drive down to enjoy Saturday night with us. Don and Staci - you guys are awesome. I know that Jake is so proud of you two. What a legacy you guys are making in honor of Jakester. He was one special guy and he is missed so much by so many.
JOR Foundation board members - thanks for letting us be a part of such a wonderful time. You guys rock!!
Gotta go get ready for bed. Be back soon.
Oh - Kacy Acree and crew - where were you??? We missed you. You were asked about...so you know that you were missed.
Dawn
2 comments:
Thanks so much Dawn for the shout out for frilly frances! LOVED meeting yall and loved Shake! It will certainly be an annual thing for me now.....except, next year, I will take Bowen with me. I know she would have a blast! I can send you a cd with pics so you'll have them......just fb me your address. I took probably 1000 really good ones. Yall keep in touch!
Mrs. Dawn, its Mary Allison, i babysat Mason during the shake, he was SO sweet, seriously, Courtney told me, You take maddi and I will stay with Mason! He was dancing for us! Haha, what a cutie! It was good to meet y'all!
Post a Comment