Saturday, September 20, 2008

New car, Journey concert, etc...

Hello everyone. It's been a crazy couple of weeks. Todd and I had a weekend get-away last weekend. We went to St. Louis to see Journey in concert. It was a blast...love me some Journey. They were awesome. Cheap Trick and Heart opened for them. Heart was wonderful. I have always been a fan of Heart, but now I really like them. Silly me, I didn't take my camera to the concert so I have no pictures to show...sorry.

I also got a new car last week. My wonderful husband drove to Nashville and bought me a 2005 Nissan Murano SL. We got a deal that we could not refuse. It only had 14 thousand miles on it. It's a sweet ride...let me tell ya. My other car was starting to need a good bit of repairs and we just didn't want to put that much money into it. So, now I have a new/used Murano that is the bomb. Oh and it's MS State color too. Go Dawgs!!! (Although they are not doing well this year.)

Below are some pictures of the future Michael Phelps. Mason LOVES to take a bath and wants the water pretty high. He wears his goggles and likes to float or lie face down in the water to see how long he can hold his breath. This kid has no fear, so next year he will be taking swimming lessons for sure.The pictures below are of Mason a pillow case with the pillow. He's a goofy child and is constantly doing something silly.

One last picture of the boy. This one is of his favorite place in the house to be...on our bed, watching a movie, and eating a snack. Yes, he is constantly running around in nothing but his undies. Of course, if we have company we make him get dressed. He's a typical boy.


He is doing well in Kindergarten and is learning lots. He comes home singing a new song everyday. He has only gotten on yellow twice this month, so we are pretty proud of him.

In case I don't update before September 29th, please be sure to eat at Chili's on the 29th. September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month and Chili's donates 100% of it's proceeds to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital on September 29th. Please eat there or buy someone a gift card there so they can eat. Thanks. :-)

I must go and play with the boy. Have a wonderful weekend!

Toodles,
Dawn


4 comments:

Tonya said...

Dawn,

I just found your blog - I LOVE it! Did you make the header yourself?? I bought PhotoShop AND a "PhotoShop book for Dummies," well, being the dummy that I am.. I haven't even READ IT! O:-) It's school all over again... hehe

I LOVE the pics of your sweet little man. He's too cute! (Our boys always ran/run around half naked too!) I have several pictures of Gabe where he'd stripped down and fallen asleep in NOTHING but his cowboy boots. They are TOO FUNNY! (They'll make GREAT wedding pics won't they?? hehehe)

Alrighty, I won't keep you. I just wanted to pop in and say, "hello."

You guys take care?
LOVE YOU!

Susan said...

Hey Dawn,

Oh boy, a concert and a new car!! WHAT A WEEKEND!!!

Hey, how about a picture of your car? (Since we didn't get any of the concert?)

But hey that's OK, you made up for it with the pictures of your handsome boy.

Yes, it's a boy thing, hmmmm, they just don't seem to like clothes! But with those cute little bodies, why not?

Oh, I got the wrong dates for our visit. I'm almost positive it's Oct. 22-23rd!

Close!!

Love you!!

melanie, aka Mo said...

hey. thanks for signing in. wish u were here with us for the memorial, mo

Anonymous said...

Dawn... Ahem... your "new" car is old now!!! Update please! We want to see that cute babe of yours!